- HKSTP|| ||
- No limit
- No limit
- Full time
Description of position:
Research Assistant Professor (Chinese Herbal Medicine and Gut Microbiology) (PR0371/20-21)
The appointee is expected to perform the following roles:
● conduct high quality and innovative research to explore the role of gut microbiota in mediating the effects of Chinese herbal formula on human health and develop microbiome-targeted therapeutic remedies;
● supervise research staff and PhD students;
● apply external competitive research grants; and
● undertake any other duties as assigned.
● a PhD degree or equivalent in microbiology or related disciplines;
● at least three years of postdoctoral training with extensive experience in microbiology or human/animal microbial ecology;
● proficiency in microbiology techniques including anaerobic culture, strain isolation and identification;
● a very strong track record in appealing external grant record and outstanding publication in the above-mentioned research areas or experience in publishing SCI paper as the first author;
● innovative and creative with good planning and organisational skills; and
● the ability to multitask.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.