- HKSTP|| ||
- No limit
- No limit
- Full time
Description of position:
Research Assistants (Basic Science) (PR0109/21-22)
The appointees will participate in preclinical research projects relating to cutting-edge new drug development based on Chinese herbal medicine.
● Contribute to general laboratory operations, including the maintenance of cell culture and animals;
● Conduct experimental procedures and analyses in support of the research activities in the Centre;
● Assist with the maintenance of the laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments; and
● Undertake any other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor's or preferably master’s degree in physiology, biomedical science, pharmacology, immunology, microbiology or other related disciplines;
● Laboratory experience working with rodents;
● Familiar with cellular/molecular biology and/or microbiology techniques;
● An excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua);
● Strong work ethic and organisational skills; and
● The ability to work both independently and in a team.
Applicants with a higher level of qualification and/or experience may be considered for the positions of Senior Research Assistant or Research Associate. Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year. Re-appointment thereafter will be subjected to mutual agreement.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications will continue until the positions are filled.