- HKSTP|| ||
- No limit
- No limit
- Full time
Description of position:
The appointee is expected to perform the following roles:
• conduct high quality and innovative pre-clinical research to elucidate the role of gut microbiota in the etiology and progression of gastrointestinal diseases;
• supervise junior research staff and students;
• apply for external competitive research grants; and
• undertake any other duties as assigned.
• a PhD degree in microbiology, bioinformatics, physiology, biomedical sciences or similar discipline with a strong publication record;
• research experience in one of the areas including gut microbiome, cell biology, and/or molecular biology is desirable;
• the ability to write research papers in English;
• innovative, self-motivated with good planning and organisational skills; and
• the ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.